Shadow behind eye, slight vision blurring, worsens in the dark, cannot see in the dark. What can this be?

Hi, I have over the last few weeks had a shadow behind the left eye which blurs my vision slightly, it is worse in the dark I can hardly see out of in the night,would you know what this can be please. My Email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
A shadow in your vision could represent several things like a retinal detachment ( which is common in your age group), vascular occlusion, vitreous opacities or a problem in the posterior segment of the eye.
Since this can progress and can seriously jeopardize your vision, please see an ophthalmologist and get a complete examination done. Once we identify the cause, we can institute proper treatment.