Sexual intercourse with a prostitute. Risk of HIV?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
hello doctor iam 24 year old male i went to a prostitue for the first time 2 months back i inserted my penis just 2 or 3 strokes in her vagina with condom but before this i rubbed my nude penis on her nude buttocks as a fore play before erection for hardly a minute and then as soon i felt erection i put condom am i risk of having hiv iam really tensed ,before 3 months i donated blood and i was tested for these disease but i was non reactive kindly help
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From your description, the chances of HIV transmission to you are not there even if the female is heavily infected. Direct contact with body fluids or mucosa is necessary for transmission.
This can be categorized as minor exposure. But you should be careful in future with such encounters. Remember in future that after any type of high risk contact, clean the affected site with soap water and if there is major contact then post exposure prophylaxis should be started within 6 hours of exposure (you can visit an ART center/ your doctor for the prophylaxis).

As a precautionary measure after 3 months you can get yourself tested for HIV.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.