Sexual intercourse, squeezing sensation in heart, gas trapped in chest, chest discomfort

Question
Squeezing sensation in my heart when I am physical or have gas trapped in my stomach/chest. Is there something wrong with my heart?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

A squeezing sensation in the heart could mean many things.

Since you have a history of asthma and allergy, it could be related to the breathing difficulties. The air passages constrict causing a chest discomfort.

Secondly I would think of an underlying circulatory problem in your heart vessels,going by the history of hypertension.This squeezing sensation may hint towards an " angina", a band like constriction over the chest due to occluded blood vessels.

The other possibilities could be a generalized chest discomfort after a heavy meal or a gastric reflux.

I suggest you to see a CARDIOLOGIST for an examination. Investigations like 2D ECHO, Lipid profile test, complete blood count and ECG will be helpful.

Hope this answers your query