Sexual intercourse, half stiff penis before ejaculation, unable to orgasm till penis is normal. Causes ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
When I have sex, just before I ejaculate, my penis is half stiff. The other half is still hard. I can not ejaculate untill the penis is in it's normal state, and then It has to go erect again. What is my problem?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 19 minutes later
Hello.

I would like to know few other things to suggest you better.

1. Since when have you noticed this problem?

2. During ejaculation do you experience normal orgasm, does the ejaculate come out normally?

3. Do you any problem to fall asleep?

4. Do you have any burning sensation on passing urine?

5. Since when are you on Ventolin and Seretide?

6. Do you smoke?

There is a possibility you could be suffering from possible Erectile dysfunction, especially if you are unable to maintain erection during sexual intercourse.

If there is no problem while having sex, then it is less likely to be erectile dysfunction.

To elaborate, there can be many possible causes of erectile dysfunction like drugs, medical diseases, anxiety disorders, diabetes, smoking etc.

New studies have shown that Asthma may be regarded as an independent cause of erectile dysfunction which is more likely to occur in chronic asthmatics due to change in the nervous system regulation. The drugs you take as mentioned are not known to be directly related in causing erectile dysfunction.

You will need to undergo a complete evaluation by your Urologist to find the origin of your problem and also assess for the possible causes.

Avoid smoking. Avoid fatty food. Consult with your Doctor before taking any sort of medication. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables in your diet. Keep well hydrated throughout the day. Keep your blood pressure in control, as high blood pressure can also cause such problems. Do daily exercise. Get 6-8 hours of sleep and stay stress free, as anxiety can also be a factor in erectile dysfunction.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Sexual intercourse, half stiff penis before ejaculation, unable to orgasm till penis is normal. Causes ? 26 minutes later
Thanks for the quick repley.

1. ever sinice I was 16 years old (now I am 22)

2.My orgasms are fine. This problem accurs sometimes. I have sex once every two days. And mastrubation also once every two days. It accurs I think around 25 % of the time in both cases.

3.No sleeping problems

4. No

5.Ventolin since I was 5, seretide sice I was 12

6.I do not smoke

I can maintain an erection, just only those times, half of my penis is erect and the other half (the tip of the penis and just below) return to it's normal state. I can not ejaculate and I have to wait till it returns to it's normal state in order to gte a full erection again. I do have stress, but who doesn't these days. It's not that I can't sleep, just busy with the useall daily tasks. I hope these answers give a more detailed description of the problem. I'm looking forward to your answer.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 21 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

According to this history, there appears to be no distinct psychological trigger of your problem.

It is possible that your medical condition itself can predispose you to some erectile problems.

Since you do experience loss of some erection during sex which also delays ejaculation, it is possible you have Erectile Dysfunction.

This needs to be further assessed by your Urologist who will also require a detailed workup to find any triggering factors. Accordingly management in the form of counselling and/or drug management may be required to help you recover from this problem.

Eat healthy. Stay fit and stress free.

Hope this helps to answer your query.

Regards.