Ask a Urologist   »  

Sexual intercourse, burning sensation during urination, pain in tip, no discharge, redness, causes ?

Question
Burning at the tip when I pee:

I'm a 36 year old male. I'm just newly divorced. I had sex with and old girlfriend that I know is STD free. We had sex 4-5 times yesterday and this morning when I went to pee it was burning very bad just at the tip. I have no discharge or redness to the area. Can you tell me what this might be?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

The most common cause of burning while urinating is Urinary tract infection which is due to bacteria.Though it is less common in men but possibility is there and more common if the immunity is low or there is presence of other disease as Diabetes.It can also be due to prostatitis which is inflammation of the prostate and presents with burning urination,frequency and urgency of urination.If the burning is associated with any redness,bloody discharge then it can be indicative of Sexually transmitted infection.
Drink lots of water.
Have lots of Cranberry juice as it helps in flushing of bacteria.
Take a mixture of half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water daily.
Avoid sexual intercourse.
If the burning increases or is associated with any other symptom as discharge,pain,fever then you might require examination by a Urologist and Urine test to rule out the exact cause.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for any Follow up query.