Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?

Oncologist
Question
hi doctor i once had a sex with a prostitute almost 2 years ago and i had all the test of std and all were good expect hpv i am worrying about hpv i have no syptoms till now but i worry about hpv because it causes cancer can you tell me which type of cancer it causes in men and what i have to do to have good checkup means do i have do routine checkup with doctor if i go for cancer diagnosis which cancer should i go for it was my first time with a prostitute.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Follow-up: Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ? 3 hours later
sorry doctor i forgot to mention that my hpv was not detected because there are no test for hpv specially here in pakistan so can you tell me do you have to get routine check up or anything else.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 18 hours later

It is good to know that all the STD screening including HPV is negative.

Hence you should not worry about any cancer risk neither you require screening for any cancer caused by HPV.

However for your information sake, HPV may cause anal cancer, penile cancer and oropharyngeal cancer in men. There is no screening test recommended for all of these.

If you have any warts or other problem, then please consult a doctor personally.

Hope it answers your worries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your answer but i have not taken any hpv test the term hpv was not detected is used for that i have not taken the test for hpv i have heard that there is no standard test for hpv so thats why i am saying that if i should have a cancer treatment on regular basis.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, I agree that there is no routine test for HPV. That is why I emphasize that if you have any suspicious wart or tumor, then please see a physician for complete physical examination.

Wish you a good health.

Regards.

Hello Doctor,

But it can delay cancer treatment if i have routine checkup for cancer i may be able to detect the cancer as early as possible if a wart is detected then it might be detected late but if i have routine exam of cancer every year or so then it can be detected soon if there is something.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

I can understand your dilemma.

It is definitely good to visit your doctor once a year but unless there is any suspicion there is no need to go for any tests.