Sex with prostitute, oral sex, masturbation, no exchange of body fluids, history of genital herpes. Chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases ?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Dr. Batra. Good Wishes. Kindly request you to access my risk and guide me. I am very concerned about the incident and getting very worried. Yesterday after drinking I visited a prostitute in india. I was in little sense and hence decided to not have penetrative sex. Following is what happened. Both were naked, I was touching her all over her body but did not touch her vagina. I asked her to only masturbate me by using condom. Initially she used her hand to make my penis erect and then put 2 condoms on each other on my penis and masturbated. In between she touched her vagina couple of times and used the same hand to masturbate me. In the mean time I was touching her breast and body except vagina. No kissing, hugging or probable exchange of any body fluids. Finished off in @ 3 minutes. I am having genital herpes problem for @ 1 year and currently I don't have active infection. Following are my questions. 1. I understand that there is no risk of HIV. Am I correct. 2. As she touched her hand to her vagina 2 to 3 times and used the same hand to make my penis erect without condom and masturbate me with the condom, is there any possibility of me getting infected by any STD such as HPV, ghorniea, syphilis, etc. 3. The place was very lousy with unclean bed sheets and dark room, can it result in to STD or other infection as I was sitting on the bed sheet which may be used by previous client. I also felt that at the place I was sitting was little bit wet. 4. As I already have herpes simplex problem, is there possibility of getting infected with herpes zoster or HPV. 5. Normally after how many days STD symptoms shows. Do I need to get tested for STD. 6.I reached home after @ 40 minutes and had bath with dettol disinfictant would this help to prevent any STD. Also pl guide me to stop from this bad habit, I try to control a lot but sometimes I am not able to control it. I have a wife and beautiful kid whome I love a lot. Pl help and reply ASAP... Thanks a lot in advance.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later

From your detailed history it seems that there is no chance that you might have contacted any infection.
To clear your doubts , here are the detailed answers to your queries.
1. As there was no contact of any body fluids with the mucous membranes so there is no chance of transmission of HIV infection.
2. STD infections get transmitted through mucosa or break in skin . It is highly unlikely that any sort of STD could have transmitted to you in the act.
3. Fomite borne ie infection through bed linen and other objects is very rare and atleast a contact of mucous membranes must be there with the linen for any sort of infection to occur. Also viral infections like herpes and HIV cant live outside at room temperature for long.
4. Hepes Simples infection i.e genital herpes is caused by HSV-2 OR HSV-1 whereas herpes zoster is caused by an altogether different virus- HZV which also causes chicken pox in early life.
5.Different STD infections have different incubation period but in most cases symptoms like ulcer, redness or discharge is visible in a fortnight.
6. Dettol is a disinfectant and a bath with same could have killed any fomite infection present on body.
7. Sexual encounters outside a happy married life should be resisted and one should avoid indulging in infidility. Sexual acts with paid sex workers can sometimes lead to incurable illnesses and take a toll on life.

It is highly unlikely that you could have got infected by any sort of infection during this sexual encounter but avoid having such episodes in future.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Sex with prostitute, oral sex, masturbation, no exchange of body fluids, history of genital herpes. Chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases ? 16 hours later
Dr. Batra,

Thanks a lot for your assuring answer. I have a follow up question, i.e should i take any antibiotics to eradicate any infection like ghorniea, syphilis, chlamydia, HPV, etc if I had got from this episode just as a corrective action and to be on safer side.

Kindly guide.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 19 hours later
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.

I don't think that there is any need of an antibiotic. In case one gets an infection it is always better to get it diagnosed and then get a satisfactory treatment for the same.

Sometimes if infection has been transmitted and one takes an antibiotic then the symptomes get suppressed and might occur at a later date as many as couple of years as in case of syphilis.

If you are too worried about this episode just get a VDRL( Venereal Disease Research Laboratory) in Serial Dilution to exclude syphilis, ESR to exclude any bacterial infection and HSV-1(good health.

Dr.Rohit Batra