Sex during periods, small red dots, pimples, scabs on penis, razor burn in pubic area. Allergic reaction, infected hair follicles or herpes ?

Dermatologist
Question
My girlfriend and i recently had sex while on her period in the shower and the next day we both had what appeared to be razor burn all around the pubic hair area up to just below the belly button. I also had 6-7 very small red dots on the head of my penis which look like red felt tip pen marks. there is one small area on the shaft that was sore like a pimple and had a small scab on it, but the small scab appears to be right at the base of where a clump of pubic hair is growing out of the skin. The bumps in the pubic hair area had pus in them like an ingrown hair or a pimple and are going away (its been 4 days) the red dots on the tip of my penis also seem to be fading and have not scabbed over or anything. The scab at the base of my penis seems to be healing fine with no sores or puss but i am still worried about what this might be and why it happened? Is this some sort of allergic reaction or possibly infected hair follicles or should i be worried about herpes? i haven't had any of the symptoms of herpes other then the obvious dots and bumps that all the sudden occurred right after sex.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later

It is highly unlikely for herpes to develop overnight (unless you had a previous episode earlier).

Razor burns, scratches, few red bumps with minimal burning hint towards intercourse related trauma.

There is a possibility of an additional allergic reaction to soap or cleansers you may have used after intercourse. The disappearance of the bumps in 4 days is additional evidence for this being a minor trauma.

So I do not think there is much to be worried about.

Nevertheless, if it was unprotected sex, I would strongly advise you to get yourself screened for Sexually transmitted infections ( HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis).

I hope I have answered your query.I will be available for further query.