Sex after candid v3 treatment

how long after finishing Candid V3 treatment can me and my partner have sex using Condom?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

Candid V3 vaginal pessaries are usually given for the vaginal fungal infections. It needs to be used for three consecutive nights.

Now after inserting the pessary inside the vagina it usually gets dissolved and the active drug is absorbed by the vaginal mucosa in around one hour.

If you want to have sex with your partner after inserting the pessary then at least wait for one hour for the drug to get dissolved properly. Then use the condom while having sex.

Rest of the inactive ingredients of the pessary will either come out sticking to the condom or you can wash the area properly with water next morning.

Usually the infection is recurrent in nature and you might need repeated courses after 4-6 months for same symptoms again.

It is best to slightly wet the pessary with a drop of water before inserting it in for earlier and better absorption.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Sex after candid v3 treatment 56 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

Thank You. I have further question for you. I have read that clotrimazole antifungal vaginal tablets may reduce the effectiveness of the latex condoms and that one should wait for atleast 3 days before one have sex using condoms. I am going on a trip with my husband and mostly we will be sexually active at that time. I do not want to risk getting pregnant at all. If I start taking the tablet tonight that is 13th May Friday and finish the treatment by Sunday, will it be safe for us to have sex using condom as a protection on Monday night? Will any ingredient from the medicine affect the effectiveness of the condom? Please Advise. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
You can safely use condoms from monday onwards. Just be careful to wash your vagina properly on monday morning with plenty of fresh water.Any ingredient of the tablet is not so harsh so as to damage the latex of the condom.Do not worry.Enjoy your trip.