Severe stomach ulcer, swollen neck and groin nodes, back pain and stiff neck. Having vision problem. Concerned

Have severe stomach ulcer with swollen neck and groin nodes back pain severe and stiff tight neck like i'm choking. Body temp constantly at 97.1. itchy skin and insomnia. I am 49 years old and my hair started thinning and coming out right after I had my baby who is 7. Have had this condition for 5 months and lots of brain fog. on the right side of the neck and groin the nodes are larger but do not hurt. bowels are excellent. whole abdomen is hot and tingly. Back is burning. Feet are hot and itch. in April my hands got blazing hot and I noticed 3 boils on the left side of my body restricted to leg and my arm which took 6 days to heal. The itching was intense. Large red hot spots about the size of a silver dollar stayed flared up on and on. My face got sweaty and warm but I did not have a fever. That is when the ulcer broke out. I also have swollen right wisdom tooth still in gum and heat in my right ear with some jabbing occasionally. I lost 2 pounds within the this month. Some of my experiences included gritty eyes flaming red upon arising, dry mouth at times, excess saliver when the ulcer flares up and vision problems, trouble focusing although I had my eyes checked out and they are very fine. There are no known diseases within my family and all the members are alive.
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 40 minutes later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Is the presence of a stomach ulcer confirmed? If no, I would advise you to consult your gastroenterologist who might advise you to get an Upper GI scopy done.

Also it would be wise to get the following investigations done like hemoglobin, complete blood picture, thyroid function test, Vit B12 levels, Serum electrolytes as anemia , thyroid disorders,Vitamin B12 defeciency etc might also present with similiar symptoms. I am assuming your menstrual history is regular.

Are you suffering from any kind of anxiety or depression?

I would advise you to eat healthy. Avoid spicy food, XXXXXXX fried oily food, carbonated beverages etc. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Drink eight glasses of water a day.

Sign up for yoga/relaxation/meditation classes which may help you relax.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Severe stomach ulcer, swollen neck and groin nodes, back pain and stiff neck. Having vision problem. Concerned 11 hours later
Thank you! I will do further testing to confirm. I have results coming out in 14 days which include a full blood and hormone panel. Cancer panel CEA, CA-19.9 and CA-125.
Within the last 4 years I have had, CT scan, EKG, 2 chest x-rays and stomach x-ray. My blood showed a low iron count in may and a low potassium. and monocytes was 10.1 neutrophils 49.6, mcv 73.2, mch 24.1 mematocrit 35.5.
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Were you on any iron supplements for the low iron count?

I would like to know about your progress. Kindly let me know the results when you get it .