Severe stomach cramps, anti spasmodic medication

I'm age 19, I have truly bad anxiety from rnuning a business. This morning I woke up around 4 AM to bad anxiety , throwing up having the shakes etc until i took clonazepam. felt better, went back to sleep I was just awoken to a terrible stomach cramp unless I roll up until a ball my stomach hurts a ton . I ate indian food last night, but not sure that's it. and my appendix was taken out 10 years ago. i just had a bowel movement, tried laying flat on my stomach on a cold surface.. None of this helped. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later

Colicky pain abdomen which is not getting relieved in any position seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Sexual transmitted disease
3) Intra abdominal pathology

You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day.

You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room if the symptoms persist. Panel of blood tests and ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan are entailed to diagnose the underlying condition.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to consult me again if you have additional queries.