Severe prolonged menstrual bleeding, primolute, medication, peri menopausal, hormonal imbalance

i am bleeding for more than two months my doctor put me on primolut tabs. then she gave me a d.n.c i'm sill bleeding after two weeks now..can you help me? what is wrong with me? i am 47 years old, my height is 5ft 6'i weight 160lbs. always had a regular period from age 11have two children,never had a miss carriage or an abortion.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Thanks for your query,

The continuous bleeding (Menorrhagia )is a common and expected symptom in peri menopausal condition at this age due to hormonal imbamlance, If you still have not attained menopause then its the start of it. Well its typical , some times it may continue for more than 3 months.

The Primolute will help but will take time and you also have undergone D and C this will add to the treatment and will surely stop the bleeding.I would ask you to give it some more time say 1 or 2 months from now.Meanwhile keep your nutrition good with iron and protein XXXXXXX diet.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.