Severe periods pain below salpingectomy scar. History of ectopic pregnancy, salpingectomy. Taken Ibuprofen. Should I be worried?

Dear Doctors,
In November 2011, I had an ectopic pregnancy and a salpingectomy to treat it. My right ovarian tube was cut or removed. My cycles have been normal since then apart from an increase in the ovulation fluid, as well as a decrease in lubrication during sex.

My problem at the moment is- I started my period yesterday which has been abnormally painful. I don't usualy take medication, and only need one tablet if I do. After taking 2 600 mg tablets of Ibuprofen the pain went away. However, I was woken at 5 am by the same pain, much more severe. Once again I took 2 tablets and went to sleep. I was able to go to work in the morning, but now in the afternoon the pain has returned- it becomes severe if I bend over, and the stabbing pain is located exactly below the scar of my salpingectomy. The pain is very similar to what I experienced with the ectopic pregnancy, but I have not had intercourse for the last 6 months, making a 2nd ectopic pregnancy impossible.

Is this just an irregular period or should I go to a doctor?
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Since your pain started with the periods,I would advise to wait for couple of days and keep taking ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day.
If the pain doesn't resolve by then,you must consult your doctor and get yourself examined as there could be so many reasons for the severe pain abdomen.
Wait and watch.
Do write back and keep me posted about the events.
Best of luck