Severe pain on left side of forehead.

Hi Sir,
Since from 2 days I am having severe pain on the left forehead part.I am feeling this for the first time in my life.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 35 minutes later

Regarding the one sided severe headache which is of recent onset, possibilities I could think at this point of time are onset of like Migraine or Tension type headache. In the initial stages, however it is difficult to differentiate between primary and secondary headache disorders.

As you do not have any "red flag" symptoms of headache like fever, headache developed within minutes (thunderclap headache), neck pain, visual loss or visual abnormalities, nause or vomiting or risk factors for thrombosis, I personally feel it could be a "Primary headache" disorder at this point of time.

So I personally recoment you to try simple analgesia (painkillers) for time being as not all recent onset headaches require medical attention. If headache persist or increase in severity with additional neurological symptoms I recomend you to go the ER and XXXXXXX your GP for a good clinical examination and CAT scan of the brain.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Shiva Kumar R

Neurologist & Epileptologist