Severe pain in the chest, arm and shoulder. Should I be worried?

Latnight i had severe chest pain on the right side that shot down right arm and ended up hurting in right shoulder blade. today i am feeling very sluggish and my right arm still feels weird. i dont have insurance to go to a doc but is it something i should take serious and go to er about? my chestt right now isnt in pain but feels a bit weird aswell
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

I would ask you not to worry. Right sided chest pain most often is due to spasm of the chest muscles but not due to heart.The Heart pain is usually felt in the left chest with pain radiating to the left arm and jaw.

The spasm of the muscle will leave arm in numbness,tingly, mild pain or light feeling for hours .This never happens in case of heart pain.Good, daily exercises will prevent such episodes in future.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.