Severe pain in rhomboid, stretch and train regularly. Had AC restructuring of shoulder. Can there be a tear?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have moderate to severe pain in the middle of my rhomboid when I try to bring my arm across my body at shoulder height. I have had AC restructuring of right shoulder 20 years ago. This problem has has gotten to the point where I can't finish a golf swing or throw a ball. I can lift arm over head and paddle surfing. It is this one movement. I stretch and train consistently. Thoughts on what it may be? I am concerned it may be a tear.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 hours later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your condition. From your description, it looks like a rotator cuff injury and probably the aggrevation of your previous condition. Sometimes these injuries occur despite taking adequate precautions and can affect a particular movement as you are describing. The best way to assess the extent of injury is to get a Mri done. This Will give a clear picture about the extent of damage. Another reason could be bursitis of the acromial region and this Will also be picked up on MRI.
You should consult you surgeon with the scan report as the condition might require arthroscopy.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.