Severe pain in knee. Cannot run and feels like broken. Took painkillers. Advise?

Hi iam 34 years old . I have started having severe pain on my left knee after I feel one day in the badminton Court. It took me 2 months to recover from the pain . Now I can walk but cannot run our jump from height . When I try to do that my knee bends like it's broken and causes severe pain . which means I can't put too much pressure on my left leg. The medication I have taken when I fell was few pain killers . Kindly help. Thanks
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
x-ray of left knee required

Detailed Answer:

You probably have a ligament injury or meniscal tear in your left knee. Did you get any x-ray done at the time of injury 2 months ago?

If not it is advisable to undergo one. Please restrict all strenuous physical activities like running and jumping for some time till you get the x-ray done.

Please consult an orthopedician with an x-ray. If need be, a MRI would be suggested.

Meanwhile, you should go for knee physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles and ligament around the knee joint.

Please follow my suggestions and keep me posted on your follow up.

Wish you complete recovery.