Severe pain in hand. No relief with Ibuprofen. What should I do?

I have severe pain half way down my back on right hand side, comes in waves of severity. Have taken Ibuprofen but that doesn't help
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

One of the causes for severe intermittent pain over the loin is ureteric colic. This occurs when a stone passes down the ureter ( the one that drains urine from the kidneys to urinary bladder). Ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be done for confirmation.

Drink plenty of fluids. Continue taking Ibuprofen 400 mg and get medical attention as soon as possible.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini