Severe pain in ear and head. Suggest some effective ear drop and medicine?

ENT Specialist
Ian unable to control severe pain in ears and middle of my head,unbearable pain and I use cellphone very much like 5to6 hours.cant avoid it,Booz it's linked with my profession,please suggest some effective ear drops and medicines please.

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On the basis of the information provided it appears you have a problem in your outer ear canal or in the middle ear causing pain in ear and headache. Common causes include impacted wax in ear, fungal infection of outer ear canal or a acute infection of the middle ear(acute otitis media). As there are differnt reasons for these conditions and they have different treatment it will not be wise to advise you ear drops without examination. At the same time some conditions may require some more tests to reach the diagnosis.

I would advise you for a ENT consultation so that we can reach a diagnosis and the treatment can be started. In the mean time you can take a medication for pain in ear (any Over the counter preparation) like paracetamol tablet and arrange for a ENT consultation.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma
I hope this answers your concern