Severe pain, cat scan, bone and femoral intertraction, pelvis area hurt, sigmoid colon removed, anti inflammatory pain relieving medications, opioid analgesics

I woke up in severe pain and leg was heavy and numb but hip area hurt so bad, had cat scan said bone infarction in something called femoral intertraction area anyway by by hip and leg pelvis area, its still hurting so bad but feeling in foot and leg are better what would help with the pain,I noticed the first pain in that leg after I had my sigmoid colon removed in surgery, couldnt walk hurt so bad, couldnt even stand up, but when it went completly numb foot and leg just dead hip was in severe pain, I wont take pain meds make me feel funny and sick to my stomach, will this thing go away eventually, Im 54 now had my surgery on colon when I was 43.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Bone infarction is usually very severe and persistent condition. It is not likely to subside in few days.

I understand that you are not willing to pain killers because of side effects. However this condition needs antiinflammatory pain relieving medications.

If your stomach feels funny on taking pain killers and you are prone to acidity then your orthopedician could prescribe you opioid analgesics which can be effective.

Few other options of treatment which may be useful in reducing pain and maintaining functional lifestyle are 'Transcutaneous Electric Nerve stimulation (TENS) units', relaxation techniques, occupational and physical therapy approaches.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.