Severe pain between belly button and groin area, difficulty in walking post heavy lifting. Help?

I lifted very heavy furniture last thursday afternoon and it caused severe pain between belly botton and groin area. hard to walk and after sitting for a long time hard to straighted up.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I suggest what you might need at this point in time would be enough rest and avoidance of heavy loads. It would also be interesting to know if you have any past history of groin surgery or hernia in the past.

You might use simple analgesics for the moment as you get some rest like Acetaminophen for about a week. The pain normally should fade out gradually. If it is so intense, associating a stomach friendly swelling in the groin area or intensification of pain, you might need to consult your family physician for a complete clinical evaluation. If not, I suggest you get enough rest and avoid heavy loads for say a week as you watch out keenly for persistence or aggravation of pain, swelling or onset of any new symptoms. In case any of these should happen along the line, consult your family physician. If not, just stay calm. Wishing you the best of health.

Thanks and best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.