Severe pain around chest, shoulder and temple area. Taking prednisone. How to get relief?

Spine Surgeon
I have been having pluralistic type pain around my chest and under my shoulder blades. also having similar pain in the left side of my face and temple area. I have been checked for stroke and heart issues. The specialists two weeks ago felt it was inflammation and put me on Prednisone IV and then 40mg taper. once I began to taper off the symptoms returned and are getting worse. What should I do next.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later
Thank you for sharing your problem with us.
With your past history of prostate cancer it would be worthwhile to rule out any thoracic spine involvement by doing a CT Chest and MRI Spine.
We need to know where this pain originate from
So if you didn't already have the scans, please get them done.