Severe pain and swelling in toe,increased pain with movement

sudden onset pain great toe, swelling no reddness, increased pain with movement, pain goes from great toe back to arch of foot, no know trauma
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

The symptoms of severe pain and swelling in the toe, could be associated with bacterial infections, or metabolic conditions like gout.

Diagnosis of the cause, includes a physical examination and blood tests, and a Xray to rule out infection of the underlying bones of the foot.

Treatment includes antibiotics and NSAIDs (advil, or tylenol), and foot rest.

You might consult a doctor for a examination and proper treatment of your condition.

I hope this helps.

I will be available for any follow up questions you may be having.