Severe pain above belly button with loss of appetite and no fever. Should I be worried?

I have a 13 year old daughter that has been having pain in her tummy right above the belly button. She has no apetite, no fever. Is there a reason to be concerned?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Burning pain in the upper abdomen is a symptom typically seen in acid peptic disease like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Decreased appetite adds to consider the above fact and absence of fever rule out infective conditions.

I suggest you to give her antacids like PEPTO or GELUSIL twice daily to alleviate the pain. If the pain persists even with above antacids then she may need an endoscopy to assess the severity of the condition to plan on management.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.