Severe nausea, headache and diarrhea during menstruation. On birth control pills

I got my period yesterday and I have been extremely nasious. I usually do not have any problems with my period and it's usually just manageable cramps. I have a headache along with the nausea and watery diarrhea. I am sick to my stomach and cant get myself to eat. I am not on birth control and my period was on time. Is this more then my period?
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 43 minutes later
Your period it seems is accompanied by some GI symptoms.Sometimes in women,periods can be accompanied by sucg symptoms immediately before and after the period.Or at the same time,you could be having a GI infection co incidentally.
Esp since its the first time this has happened. Just make sure you hydrate yourself properly and you can also take some probiotics if necessary.
Make a note if this happens during your next cycle.