Severe muscle cramps in legs and top of foot, hard to walk, have inclusion body mysotis. Had bronchitis. related?

Geriatrics Specialist
severe muscle cramps in legs and top of my foot, find it hard to walk have inclusion body mysotis for about 6 years i use a stick to walk. I was on Azromax for 10 days and the symptons started about 3 days ago, I had bronchitis, is there any connection to the Antiobiotics and the severe leg cramps. I did not take any tablets today and the cramps are very severe.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 3 hours later

Yes,certain antibiotics like azithromycin (Azromax) are associated with muscle cramps.
Azromax are macrolide antibiotics used for infection like sinusitis, bronchitis had associated with side effects like stomach pain, muscles cramps in limited trial persons.
Good do not use the drug, try to use other macrolides like roxithromycin for 3 days. Consult a physician to change the medicine and to get a new prescription.

Try to drink plenty of water and replace body electrolytes with electrolyte supplement, it will be effective in treating muscle cramps.