Severe middle back pain, worsens on eating. Heart, spine, ribs and stomach test done. Causes for back pain ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having server middle back pain gets worse after I eat. I have had so many test done on my heart , spine, ribs, stomach and still know answer. Please help!!!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

A severe middle back pain which precipitates after eating with all investigation reports normal is suggestive of an acid peptic disorder.

This is usually associated with nausea. I recommend you go to the pharmacy to obtain omeprazole 20 mg tablets.
You should take one tab with breakfast and one with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days you should take one with breakfast only for 21 more days. This should promote healing and resolution of your symptoms.

Avoid oily and spicy food.Also reduce tea, coffee, alcohol , smoking.Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. Eat dinner 2 hrs before sleeping .

If the symptoms are not relieved then you need to consult your physician for investigations like MRI and further proper treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.