Severe lower back pain, burning sensation under the feet. X-ray showing osteoarthritis. History of hypertension, high cholesterol. Permanent cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am taking 1 tab sazo 500 daily since last 2 years due to my Arthritis pain. How long should I continue this medicine.Other problems - For hypertension I take 1 tab of Telma 40, Amlodipine 25 & Atten 25 in morning & 1 tab Telma 40 in evening. Chlosteral lowering Rosuvastatin 5 ,1 tab daily at bed time& frequently 1 tab Pantoprazole 20 in morning, Fabustat 40 1 tab for 20 days every 3/4 months, 1.25 tab thyroxine. All the blood test report, ECG report is normal except recent sugar level border line ( both fasting & PP). have continuous low back pain . X-report suggests Osto Artharites. Feeling burning sensation beneath the foot, weakness & forgetful. Job nature Sedentary but XXXXXXX level Govt Executive. Bowels movement not regular. Well built, tall But developed pot belly since last 4/5 years.. father of 1 son, who is established & wife is home maker. Pls suggest line of treatment & further course of action for leading a quality life.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The low back pain you are having is due to osteoarthritis. Sazo tablet is usually prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis. The burning sensation in the feet and weakness is likely to be due to degenerative changes in your spine like disc prolapse causing nerve root compression.
You need to have a repeat evaluation by an orthopedician for your symptoms who might order an MRI of the lumbo sacral spine to know the cause of your symptoms. Sazo tablets can be taken for long time but it needs a regular monitoring by your physician for its effect and dosage regulation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Severe lower back pain, burning sensation under the feet. X-ray showing osteoarthritis. History of hypertension, high cholesterol. Permanent cure? 3 hours later
Kindly comment on my other problems as stated & medicines being taken.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The anti hypertensives, cholesterol lowering agents and thyroxine supplements are all given with regular monitoring of blood levels for all these parameters and doses are regulated according to the response seen. All these medicines are usually taken on life long basis with regular monitoring by your physician.
Fabustat is given in case of gouty arthritis. You need to monitor your blood uric acid levels before starting on it.
Pantoprazole is given to relieve gastritis and should not be taken for more than 6 weeks at a stretch. You can consult your gastroenterologist for better options.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.