Severe knee and hip pain after accident, cramps and diarrhea. Are they related?

I'm a 28 yo male that fell off my bike 2.5 days ago, landing on my knee and hip. I have had severe knee and hip pain, but it has now largely subsided. Last night I began to have severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. I am wondering if the two are related and if I should seek medical care.
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 35 minutes later
hello and thanks for the query.
Your injury on knee and hip has no connection with your cramps and diarrhea.
These events are just co incidental.

Diarrhea is characterized by loose, watery stools and frequent bowel movements. In addition to the frequent bowel movements, patients may also experience stomach cramps. Diarrhea may be caused by bacterial infections, viral infections or so many other conditions
Just take plenty of water in the form of oral rehydrarting solution and eat light 
You may take some over the counter antacids for dyspepsia or antispasmodic for pain abdomen.
You should be alright in couple of days
However Seek medical help and consult your doctor if
You are vomiting blood or have blood in your stool (especially if maroon or dark, tarry black)
Have pain in, or between, your shoulder blades with nausea
Have tenderness in your belly, or your belly is rigid and hard to the touch
Have difficulty breathing

Abdominal pain that does not improve in 24 - 48 hours, or becomes more severe and frequent and occurs with nausea and vomiting
Bloating that persists for more than 2 days
Burning sensation when you urinate or frequent urination
Diarrhea for more than 5 days
Fever (over 100°F for adults or 100.4°F for children) with your pain which doesn't subside in 24 to 48 hours.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck