Severe itching with tingling over back. No relief with medicines. Suggest?

I've had severe itching with a slight tingling feel over my entire back for 2 years and NOTHING helps. There are no places whatsoever on my back. My doctor has no suggestions whatsoever.......... Help me please.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi Nummy,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Intractable itching is very troublesome, I can understand your discomfort.
The problem can be due to local rash, sweating and miliaria eruption, local infections, dryness of skin, deranged liver functions to name a few possibilities.
Please get blood tests for complete blood counts, Liver function test, attach a photograph of the itchy area shot in early morning daylight.
Apply locally an emolient like Calamine Lotion twice a day.
OTC medicines like phenargan can reduce the suffering so are worth trying.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.