Severe itching in the armpit and groin area, due to heat production and pressure dermatitis. Related to drug allergy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my Dermatologist says that the severe itching i suffer with in my arm pits and groin are due to heat production and
Pressure Dermatitis. could you explain the physiology of this mecdhanism? many thanks, He has prescribed some non steroidal cream that has a potent
antihistamine effect [ name unknown].. he says that this could also be related to a possible drug allergy
10/30/2011 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX dyer,md [retired] [age 85]
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The itching in armpits and groin might be due to heat - causing sweating. The sweat contains some salts which if not removed from the skin cause itching. Sweat or perspiration often feels sticky if you sweat profusely or let the sweat dry on your skin.
Drug allergy is also a likely possibility.
Treatment of hyperhydrosis includes botox shots, anti perspirants and iontophoresis depending on the severity of the problem.
Meanwhile you can have plenty of fluids and wash your skin often.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.