Severe heartburn, had taken steroids for back pain. Related?

I have had a steroid injection in my back for pain and now I am having very severe heartburn and I get this from antibiotics also is there a connection with steroids?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The steroids cause the gastric upset, more so in those already susceptible for such problems.
The trouble is more often and more severe with the oral steroids which is not the case with you.
Ideally tout should take a seven days anti-acidity drugs course and steroid on day 2-4 will be best tolerated.
I hope the advise would be helpful.
Follow-up: Severe heartburn, had taken steroids for back pain. Related? 6 minutes later
If I am prone to steroids how would I take more days2-4
I am already on acticid now and I am on dexilant , could my esophagus be burned?
What about protonics for this severe problem of heartburn? It flairs up with antibiotics and I just had a steroid injection for my back and it. Did it again!!!!;
What about protonics for y this problems?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
The Dexilant and Protonix are equivalent in efficacy.
If the problem is more then you can switch to Rabeprazole 20 mo before meals in the morning and also take antacid suspension like Dizene/Gelusil as required.
It is not so that a single shot of steroid would burn the esophagus.
" would I take more days2-4......." I meant you take the dexilant or other antacid and take the steroid after 2-4 days time, any day, It was misunderstood.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you..