Severe heart palpitations, numbness in feet, fatigue, light headed. Why did it happen in a grocery store?

Severe heart paplitations, numbness in feet, sweating perfusely, light headed, shortness of breath. was in grocery store when symptoms started,
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

From what I understand the above mentioned symptoms appeared abruptly while you were at the grocery store. These are suggestive of presyncope / hypoglycemia.

It would be extremely useful if you can share with me the events occurred preceding the attack.
You can also provide me the below details:
1. Did you pause out or feel like passing out?
2. Any history of similar symptoms in the past?
3. Any history of diabetes or heart ailments?
4. Specify if you are on any regular medications?

I would be in a better position to address your issue upon receiving these details.

Awaiting your response