Severe headaches, blurred vision, eye pain, nose pain. CT scan normal. Taking sebelium. Is it frontal sinus?

Neurologist
Question
i have freq severe headaches. This time lasting long right side. right vision blur, floaters, eye pain eye brow pain right nose pain pain stabbing in right head. ct scan normal. bp sugar normal eye pressure 17.3 docs say migraine or tension headache. pain upto upper teeth. help. takin sebelium 10 mg . suspect frontal sinus. better with sibelium but not total .got eye chkd
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 1 hour later
Hello

Thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding the problems you are experiencing.

From the details provided to me it looks to me like you are suffering from chronic headache probably migraine. Pain in the upper teeth could be due to dental problems which is common in people suffering from migraine.

Sibelium (Flunarizine) is good for migraine. If it has not provided complete benefit we can try combination of medicines for treatment of migraine. Medications like betablockers, topiramate and valproate can be combined with Sibelium for better benefit.

My recommendation would be for you to try combination of Sibelium and any of the above indicated medicines for increased benefit to achieve possibility of cure in you. Discuss these possibilities with your treating Neurologist and get started on these medications. You need to see your Dentist to exclude dental caries in view of tooth ache. You need to also exclude the possibility of Headache caused by fluctuating BP.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate.

If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist.

Follow-up: Severe headaches, blurred vision, eye pain, nose pain. CT scan normal. Taking sebelium. Is it frontal sinus? 34 minutes later
doctor, there has been no mention of eye vision or floaters or their improvement in future. when can i expect relief? it has been now almost a month

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 12 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Regarding the visual problems or floaters in the eye, is a sign of XXXXXXX in migraine. An XXXXXXX is a perceptual disturbance experienced by some migraine sufferers before a migraine headache. Visual auras usually occur anywhere minutes to hours before the pain of a migraine starts and typically last for anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes. The XXXXXXX may occur without actual pain, and in these cases it is known as a silent migraine.

Migraine is a chronic disease and usually remission happens in 3-6 months. Most important for the remission to happen is to avoid the triggers for migraine. If you can identify the triggers of migraine in you, can avoid migraine recurrences in the future.

Common dietary triggers for are skipping meals, fasting and use of certain foods like cheese, chocolates, and so on. However it is not specific and can vary from individual to individual. By keeping a headache diary, you will be able to identify some triggers for your particular headaches. Once you have identified triggers, it will be easier for you to avoid them and reduce your chances of having a migraine attack.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R

Follow-up: Severe headaches, blurred vision, eye pain, nose pain. CT scan normal. Taking sebelium. Is it frontal sinus? 19 minutes later
the eye and eyebrow pain has lasted for 2-3 weeks after the headache. plz advise

Hello

Thanks for the query

Regarding the eye brow pain, I feel it does not signify any serious disease and could be just due to irritation of the nerves around it. Unless it is severe and is causing disabling symptoms in you I feel treatment may not be required. If is persists use Amitryptylline for 4-6 weeks after consulting your Neurologist to relieve the nerve pain.

Sincerely,

Dr Shiva Kumar R