Severe headaches around temples, pressure in eyes, low appetite, body pain. Help?

Question
I have been having horrible headaches for a few days localized around my left temple with pain and pressure in my eye as well. the temple feels slightly larger than the right side and my skin in that area is very tender as well. It hurts to even put water on my face to wash. It's like the nerves are raw. . I don't feel we'll at all. I am exhausted with little appetite and other body pain such as my hips. Help please. I am miserable and nothing seems to help
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern

Headache can be due top many causes like migraine, tension headache, brain infection/tumor/bleed. The possibilities in your case could be tension headache or migraine headache. You need a detailed neurological examination to understand if you need a brain scan or not. If the scans are normal you may benefit with anti0-migraine medications like amitriptyline, topiramate, valproate along with rest, relaxation, regular food and sleep habit.

Your hip pain also needs evaluation

Please consult a local neurologist

Please get back to me in case you have any concern

Follow-up: Severe headaches around temples, pressure in eyes, low appetite, body pain. Help? 40 hours later
Will a migraine cause the skin sensitivity around my temple?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 25 hours later
Yes, Migraine can cause these changes.
If you have any problem, I suggest you to get examined so that things will be clarified. My response has the limitation as I do not have the advantage of examining you.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Severe headaches around temples, pressure in eyes, low appetite, body pain. Help? 35 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 58 minutes later
Welcome

It's our pleasure to help you

Please let me know in case you have any other problem

Wish you good health