Severe headache, pain in one side of head. What tests should I go for?

I have severe Headache from last 4-5 days, pain in one side of head !!
What can be reason for this? What are the checks should I go for this?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
The common cause of one sided headache in young people is Migraine. However if it is for the first time that you are having headache then it has to investigated to rule out other causes. The other causes include sinusitis, eye problems , ear problems and sometimes teeth problems. You can first get evaluated by a neurologist or a physician and after seeing you he can guide you about other tests like CT/MRI scan, eye check up or ENT evaluation. Also he will prescribe you medications for relief from pain.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more questions, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.