Severe headache, numbness in arms, pain in shoulder. What could it be?

I had a really terrible headache since yesterday afternoon all through the night and only stopped about an hour ago but my head feels heavy. now i have sore muscles in my legs feel weak everywhere but i have a dull ache trhoughout my shoulder and pins and needles in my hand of same arm. My hand is cold to touch but feels hot and fuzzy inside
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical care specialist) and would be glad to answer your query here.

You have severe headache and tingling numbness in one arm and neck, shoulder aches. If it was the worst ever kind of headache, nausea, imbalance etc. it could be heralding a serious condition like brain haemorrhage (likely an aneurysm in the brain, if there is a family history)

You should immediately see your doctor, get a CT scan brain done and get a neurology consult if thought to be a SAH (brain bleed).

Can take acetaminophen for pain till then. Keep company.
I think my advice satisfies you.
Would be glad to answer any future query.
Take care and keep me informed at