Severe headache, feeling dizzy, nauseated and black out. Took aspirin. What is going on?

My mother had a severe headache yesterday, and today woke up with a black eye. She did not hit anything or strain in anyway and is very scared. She is 62 years old and I'm concerned. She is stubborn and won't go to the doctors and I live three hours away. Please help! She is also dizzy, nauseated and feels like blacking out. She does take aspirin and also has high blood pressure.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing the photo.

I think you should take her to doctor immediately.

The reasons for black eye could be:

>Minor injury to eye, may be unnoticed at that time, bleeding occurs below the skin due to aspirin she is taking.Which suggest a risk for bleeding tendency.
>Rise in blood pressure.When blood pressure at times rises very high,this can happen.

This two are commonest possibility. The symptoms like dizziness, nausea and blacking out suggest rise in blood pressure or rise in pressure inside brain due to any cause.

Medical examination and evaluations is must and have to be done urgently.

I hope this helps you in taking an informed decision.

Wishing her good health.