Severe headache, dizziness, blurred vision, muffled hearing, vomiting. Cause and remedy?

I have the worst headache I have ever had, dizziness, blurred vision muffled hearing and vomiting I have trouble with the lights and have to keep my eyes shut
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. From the symptoms it can be primary headache like migraine.

Migraine may present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems.

For migraine headache, try these lifestyle modifications:

1)     Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.
2)     Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques.
3)     Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger
4)     Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.
5)     You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy (triptans and ergot preparations).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.