Severe hair fall during bath. Applied hair color. Is it due to hair color? Remedy?

I could find lot of hair fall while taking head bath .Recently i have applied hair color .Is because of that?.Earlier hair fall is there but it was little.Can you please suggest?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes... It could be hair coloring product...

Detailed Answer:

At the outset, I would like to share with you that not all case of hair fall needs treatment. If the number of hair lost is less than 50 strands, then it is considered insignificant. Over a period of time, the lost hair is replenished by new ones. It is considered significant only if you are losing more than 50 strands persistently and if you see bald patches.

Significant hair fall occurs due to numerous reasons. Hair coloring product use can be one of the reason. In this case, I would suggest you to withdraw from using this product. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially root vegetables (carrot, beetroot, radish, turnip, potato and so). Follow a healthy life style - sleep adequately and exercise.

In addition to that, I also suggest
- you can also take one tablet of androanagen every day for two months.
- Use good antidandruff shampoo (nizoral) thrice a week

With these measures, I would expect you to see improvements in the next 3-4 months. You can opt for other treating if you the symptoms persist or worsen after 3 months.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.

Follow-up: Severe hair fall during bath. Applied hair color. Is it due to hair color? Remedy? 45 hours later
what is the probability of hair fall if we use salt water for head bath?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends...

Detailed Answer:
Salt water by virtue of alkalinity as well as osmosis can damage hair follicles. It can also make your hair dry and easily breakable. Therefore it is very true that salt water can cause hair fall. But what probability and how much damage will depend on how much salt concentration, the time duration of exposure to salty water and prior hair health status.

A week and previously damaged hair, long exposure to salt water and high concentration of salts can cause more damages then the opposite factors.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarification.