Severe hair fall, broken nails after they grow to certain length. How can I treat this?

my nails after certain growth gets break? could u suggest me what i should do?

My hair falls too much what i should do?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later

Your question is a good one.

Regarding nails and hair we consider a couple of different things which could be contributing to brittle nails and hair loss.

The first category is nutrition. Vitamin and protein intake can affect the health of your hair and nails. It is important that you have an adequate and balanced diet which includes adequate protein intake. In addition, a multivitamin supplement would be a good idea for you to maintain good overall daily vitamin intake which is important to the health of your hair and nails.

The second category we must consider is hormonal balance. Thyroid function is important in this category. In your case I would consider checking a TSH level to screen you for an underactive thyroid gland. This is a simple blood test your doctor can request.

These are a couple of considerations for you and I think an adjustment of your diet along with a laboratoy investigation to assess your thyroid function should be the next steps.

I thank you again for your query. I hope you found this response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga