Severe gas, vomiting, fever, dark urine, itchy skin. What can be done to stop itching?

Question
I had severe gas and vomited and then got a fever with dark urine and itchy skin.What can I do to stophe itching
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Severe gas and vomiting is suggestive of acute gastritis, may be due to food poisoning. I advice you to avoid spicy food for few days and also to avoid smoking and alcohol.

It is better if you use antacid to provide rapid relief, along with it i advice you to take Proton pump inhibitor for a week, early morning empty stomach. These are all over the counter medication.

With you present symptom the dark colored urine is may be due to dehydration.

Many different diseases, disorders and conditions can lead to itching skin. Itching can be a sign of inflammation, infection, or insect bites. It will be better if you mention the duration, site or any history of allergy, DM, or any thing which you think is the reason for your itching.

The treatment of itching is based on the identification of the cause, insofar as that is possible. It id better to use topical antihistamine creams for local application and also over the counter oral antihistamine medication.

I advice you if the symptom persist more than 3 to 4 days i advice you to see the dermatologist.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Severe gas, vomiting, fever, dark urine, itchy skin. What can be done to stop itching? 55 minutes later
is my fever related to the itching

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

Hello
Good to hear from you.

Fever may be related to dehydration or due to infection which may also be responsible itching. I advice you to follow the conservative approach mentioned above and i think you should be fine.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.