Severe exhaustion, excessive sleep, hot flushes. Have CLL. Symptoms due to menopause?

Hi, i'm always exhausted and could sleep all day and night. I have CLL which is under control but I get very hot sonetimnes too. Am way past the menopause (63).
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 13 hours later

The tiredness and sleeping problem could be from the following given your health profile:
1. The treatment for CLL.
2. Menopause - Hotflushes, Tiredness, Mood swings, Generalized body aches are nature of this physiological condition.
3. Anemia because of CLL treatment.
4. Pancytopenia, reduced immunity and infection fighter cells
6. Depression - You have to elaborate on your history, duration of it, associated other symptoms.
7. Medication - Under steroid therapy.
8. Hypothyroidism - Treatment of CLL can induce low thyroxine hormone circulation in the body and thus these symptoms.

Hot flashes could be from menopause.

I recommend you consult your GP / Primary physician for an evaluation.

You may need the following tests:

Peripheral smear
TSH, Free T3 Free T4

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available for your follow up queries as well.