Severe dysplasia. Hysterectomy done. Want to do HCG diet. Can it be done?

I am 39 years old and want to do the hcg diet. I had a hysterectomy last year after being diagnosed with CIN III - severe dysplasia. I know this isn't cancer but it is abnormal cell growth. You can't do the diet if you've been treated for cancer. Can I still consider this diet?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later

Thanks for consulting us.

This is good to know that you are well aware of your health problems & are weight conscious as well. Hope you are having regular follow ups with your treating Gynecologist & there is no evidence of recurrence.

There are other more sensible ways to lose weight. These include balanced diets & exercising. Realistic goals can be made & accomplished after consulting a dietitian.
In addition, FDA has not approved hcg diets & issued several letters to companies warning them that they are selling illegal homeopathic HCG weight-loss drugs that make unsupported claims.
After giving you this information & to complete my answer I would like to add that so far there is no published research that indicate any harmful effect of this diet on CIN III treated patients.
So better to play safe & do what is considered safe practice.

Wish you good health.

Best Regards.