Severe depression and Cardiomyopathy with suicidal thoughts. Any cure?

I have severe depression and severe Cardiomyopathy. Needless to say I feel physically unwell a lot of the time and mentally most of the time, so much so that suicide is in my thoughts a lot and I just want to die. The one person that really shows very little empathy is my husband. Invalidates my feelings, just thinks I'm always bitching at him, is not gentle or humble leaves me crying, feeling bad, suicidal everything. It's tormenting and horrible.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
From what you have described, you certainly need treatment for depression. If you are contemplating suicidal sihes, then its all the more urgent that you seek help. I understand that your husband is not supporting. But then you should seek help yours elf.
There are plenty of good antidepressants available in the market like sertraline or escitalopram which are good drug and also have minimal cardiac issues.
However if you are still bothered about the cardiac side-effect of the drugs then you should consider taking cognitive behavioural therapy session which are 20 min sessions occuring every week which focus on the way you think about a situation instead of changing the situation. That may help equal to anti-depressant drugs.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.