Severe dandruff, acne, itchy skin and cracked foot. Treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,
My name is XXXXXXX.
I am 33 years old...Weight : 98 kgs..
Height : 5.7 ..I am over weight...and i have some skin problems mentioned below..

Query 1: (Dandruff and Scalp)
I am having too much of dandruff and also scalp ..
I am having like ring worms in my head...round round rings...
i tried with different dandruff shampoos...not working ..
Can you please advise on this and how to avoid and give some medicines i can use and precautions to be taken to remove permanently...or any other food habits i should avoid ??

Query 2: ( Pimples)
I am getting pimples and acne in my face frequently..i have this for many years....but still no cure...
i tried various cream...no use...my face is too oily always....

Query 3: (Fungal infection)

I am having fungal infection down near the sides of my reproduction area...on the sides of the skins...its appearing black and itching ...i tried some medicines but no use...

Query 4: ( Foot Crack )
I have foot crack in my two legs...very painful..

Expecting a detailed explanation from you..
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your queries.

Dandruff is a fungal disease and as pointed out by you that you are also suffering from a fungal disorder you need to take oral antifungals which will solve both the problems. Resistant dandruff can also be seboorhoea scalp which is seen in resistant acne and hence is also a possibility in your case.

Acne are mainly seen in oily skin types and anything that you apply on your skin that makes it oily an lead to acne lesions.
One needs to take lots of water, less of fried stuff, cheese and chocolates etc which are known to cause acne.
Topical antibiotics like clindamycin, retinoids like adaferin etc and topical gels containing Benzoyl peroxide are the first line of therapy. In resistant cases oral antibiotics and retinoids need to be taken.

Crack heals can be prevented by avoiding exposure to excessive soad and water and are common in winters.
A cream like Cotaryl or a mild steroid with salicylic acid can treat the same. Application of normal moisturisers prevent further cracks.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Please accept my answer if you are satisfied with the same.

Dr.Rohit Batra.