Severe cough, wheezing during night. History of pneumonia. Any suggestions?

General Surgeon
Hi, I was exposed to my 17 month old grandson having RSV..since April 17th I have developed a productive cough but it is getting better..not so much during the day at all but at night when I am in bed I start wheezing loudly and then cough..I am 65, female and I did have pneumonia 6 yrs hospitalization. Our pollen count is very high here and I try to stay in..just concerned about the wheezing as I breathe out and it`s like in my throat.. not my lungs thank you, XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,you are having Cough variant of asthma.
You should take good respiratory antibiotic like Clarithromycin,anti inflammatory drug,anti histamine tablet.
You should use Inhaler with steroid as a component.
Avoid pollen.
Keep your surroundings clean without dust.
Nothing to worry

Follow-up: Severe cough, wheezing during night. History of pneumonia. Any suggestions? 11 hours later
Thank you so much!!!!! I will follow up and see a dr..I appreciate your reply. XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 minutes later
You are welcome.
Please use face masks regulary
Wish you good health