Severe cold, get gurgling at the back of throat, dizziness, blurry vision, hot flashes. Cause of concern?

I'm a 35 year old woman who had a bad cold a few weeks ago. The cold only lasted for 3 days and was fairly severe. Then had a very bad cough which only lasted a week (unusual for me as mine normally last weeks). Then a couple of days ago the cough seems to have come back. Coughing every minute or so, now starting to bring up a little green phlegm. wheezing. when I lie down can sometimes feel the fluis gurgling in back of my throat. Am feeling very dizzy, vision in and out of focus and getting some hot flashes and cold chills and feeling a little nauseous (though that may be to intensity of coughing and lack of proper sleep through coughing). Loss of appetite, I make myself eat but can't eat much as having to force it down. Do not appera to be having another cold o flu. Am not pregnant. Do have crohns, B12 and folate anaemia and GERD. GP previously gave me a ventolin inhaler due to bad coughs when I get colds.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 7 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
The symptoms resemble sinusitis.
You need to take an antibiotics course for 5 days,antiallergic and vapour inhalation for 7 days.
Gurgle with a medicated gargle for 5-6 days.
If you do have wheeze and breathing trouble take 4 puffs of the inhaler every 4hrly for 5 days.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Severe cold, get gurgling at the back of throat, dizziness, blurry vision, hot flashes. Cause of concern? 10 minutes later
Thank you. The inhaler is not helping at all. the GP did say they would review and possibly prescribe a different one if the ventolin did not help - would it be worth going back on this occasino and asking them?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Please follow my suggestions.If they do not give you any relief consult your doctor.
I think you will feel better if you follow my suggestions.Take plenty of fluids and a well deserved rest.
Have a nice day