Severe burning in vagina after ejaculation, 23 yr old, on HRT for POF. Treatment ?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I get severe burning after my boyfriend ejaculates inside of me. I am 23 and on HRT for POF. I had this problem some time ago and it went away but now its back with a vengence. I have been to the GP and have been told the I do not have a UI. I am wondering could my HRT be what is causing the problem because of what I can remember last year when I came of HRT the burning and irritation seemed to cease. Please help extremly worried and upset over this.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
hi XXXXXXX,

-normally ovarian hormones especially estrogen maintains the environment of vagina and helps in intercourse.

-due to lack of this hormone dryness can occur which can lead to burning sensation and pain during intercourse.

-this can occur when the the type of hormones used in HRT are not sufficient or suitable to the patient.

-so after consulting your doctor you can change the dosage or type of hormones in HRT which will probably help,

-you can also use vaginal creams or pessaries containing estrogen for some days with your doctor's advice.

-in 5% users of mirena also vaginal inflammation, pain during intercourse can be seen.

so now you visit your doctor once discuss your problem and enquire regarding the dosage or changing the drugs in HRT and continuation of mirena.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.