Severe bowel pain, Tomirimate, small heart murmur. Suffer from diverticulitis, difficult to take drugs. Suggestions ?

I also have diverticular disease making it difficult to take drugs that cause pain i.e. severe bowel pain and Tomirimate [very bad swlling of face and eyes] I have a small heart murmur I was born with.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Follow-up: Severe bowel pain, Tomirimate, small heart murmur. Suffer from diverticulitis, difficult to take drugs. Suggestions ? 2 minutes later
I also take ritzatriptan about twice a month for migraine.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 42 minutes later

With diverticular disease it is difficult to take NSAIDS, the legendary painkillers but you can still them during intense pain episodes.
Paracetamol and tramadol group medicines that are gut friendly. Prefer them and use them up before NSAIDs.
If these do not work, then the decision to get the sigmoidectomy is decided on mutual discussion with the Gastroenterologist, Surgeon and yourself. It would be good to know the advantages and disadvantages after this surgery.
You can continue rizatryptan and start an antiepileptic that suites you by consulting your neurologist.
It would be good if you can tell me more about childhood murmurs. Mild cardiac murmurs are called flow murmurs and are of no significance but it's worth while to have an 2D Echo now if you did not had one earlier.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Take Care!